Flat Roof Repair
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shapingstuff
Labourer
Labourer

Flat Roof Repair

Post by shapingstuff » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:44 am

Hi,

My close has a flat roof that leaks where there is hatch for getting on to the roof. It has cause quite a bit of damage so for now I wish to repair it, the rest of the roof is fine.

I was looking for some advice on how to repair this (see atached photo). As you can see the roof covering has split. I have never repaired a roof before and am looking for a reasonably priced solution. I have a blow torch so a hot solution is fine.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

andertonj
Labourer
Labourer

Post by andertonj » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:57 am

Your roof badly need repairing as it got some cracks that might be dangerous as well. You need an experienced roofer who can fix your roof perfectly. Have you consulted any roofer?

Try to take 2 to 3 quotes from different roofers, it will help you to compare their skills and cost they offered you. Do one more thing get rest of the roof checked by him so, if he feels that any other portion need to be repaired he will do at that time only.

roofingpreston
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Flat Roof Repair

Post by roofingpreston » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Andertonj right. You need to contact the nearest roofer in your area. The damage is serious. Leaks may also occurs during rainy days.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Flat Roof Repair

Post by welsh brickie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 pm

clear the area of all debris,then lay flashband over the cracks,heat the flashband with a heat gun to make it adhere to the existing surface.Then paint aquaproof sealant over the entire area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:32 am