floating floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
raddish
Labourer
Labourer

floating floor

by raddish » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 pm

how can i lay a floating t and g floor over my existing chip bourd bedroom floor do i need to secure at intervalls and do i need to leave expantion gaps. frustrated lady diy er . thankyou.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I'm not sure I understand why you would want it to be floating. Whilst that is common with laminate not so with T&G. Could you explain a bit please?

Cheers

raddish
Labourer
Labourer

floating floor

by raddish » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

sorry if you didnt catch my drift . my existing floor is large chipbourd flooring sheets fixed directly to the joists,so i do not want to remove these.but want t&g floorbourds so i can paint the floor. my dilema is do i fix each bourd or can i lay it as a floating floor like you do laminate.thanks for anyones help .

J.G.F
Labourer
Labourer

Re: floating floor

by J.G.F » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:14 am

[quote="raddish"]sorry if you didnt catch my drift . my existing floor is large chipbourd flooring sheets fixed directly to the joists,so i do not want to remove these.but want t&g floorbourds so i can paint the floor. my dilema is do i fix each bourd or can i lay it as a floating floor like you do laminate.thanks for anyones help .[/quote]

Personalty i would secret nail them, you can float the boards just put glue in each of the grooves and knock them together. Remember your Expansion though.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:37 pm

"Personally i would secret nail them"

I was thinking the same thing actually.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am