Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lynn0412
Labourer
Labourer

Flooded garage

by lynn0412 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:49 pm

Dear all,
I am asking this question on behalf of my mum. Her garage is flooding with rain water. She has a carport roof with a drainage pipe on it. this comes down to ground level near the entrance of her garage. She has a gully to drain water from this into a soak away. The soak away does not seem to be able to cope with the amount of water that has come down in the last few days or so and as a consequence her garage is flooding. She does not have a drain nearby. Does anybody have any suggestions. I thought that we could maybe make a hole in the side of the garage with a vent or something over it to allow water to drain out of the garage and into the garden but I feel that this may only be a temporary measure and will not get to the route of the problem. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
L

diydoctor
Apprentice
Apprentice

by diydoctor » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:44 am

The existing soakaway may need to be enlarged or a route found to the nearest surface water manhole Lynn. You are right there is little point dealing with the effects of the flooding, its the cause that needs to be addressed. Interview a few builders and get quotes (they are free) for the work and get references from them first. Ask them for a list of 5 of thewir previous customers and vist them to see the builders work. Talk to the previous customer so you are absolutely sure you have a reliable builder before you start.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 pm