floor leveling compound
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ajl
Labourer
Labourer

floor leveling compound

Post by ajl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:11 pm

if i need more than 3mm to level the floor what to do? do i wait for 3 mm to go off and then add another 3mm? if so how long between layers? and do i need to pva it between layers? i reckon i need about 10-13 mm in places. also how long before its sensible to start tiling ??
i read some posts about the stuff crazing or cracking, is this down to to thin a mix? i have just whacked a bit down to see wot happens, i mixed it up to a runny/creamy sort of consistancy. right? wrong? the stuff i am using is french, no addatives ,just powder in the bag 25 kg and add 6.5 lit water. to try it i used 1 lit water and mixed as in above text.

Niel Dare
Labourer
Labourer

Re: floor leveling compound

Post by Niel Dare » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:59 pm

[quote="ajl"]if i need more than 3mm to level the floor what to do? do i wait for 3 mm to go off and then add another 3mm? if so how long between layers? and do i need to pva it between layers? i reckon i need about 10-13 mm in places. also how long before its sensible to start tiling ??
i read some posts about the stuff crazing or cracking, is this down to to thin a mix? i have just whacked a bit down to see wot happens, i mixed it up to a runny/creamy sort of consistancy. right? wrong? the stuff i am using is french, no addatives ,just powder in the bag 25 kg and add 6.5 lit water. to try it i used 1 lit water and mixed as in above text.[/quote]

Hi,
i lay screed every week you can put it down in one hit, then tile the floor the next day. This is not somthing that can be put down by anybody, where do you live.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:51 am