Flues
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Martin2
Labourer
Labourer

Flues

by Martin2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 am

I will be replacing the central heating system in a 5 storey Georgian House and the existing boiler flue uses the chimney. When replacing the boiler can I still run the new flue up the chimney. My CH system is located in the basement.
Also I have been tole that I have a commercial gas supply. Can someone advise why this would be the case and therefore should I use a commercial boiler which would provide greater heating capacity.
Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Flues

by htg engineer » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

It depends on the load on the gas supply, it may be that you don't need a commercial gas supply now - but has the house been used as anything other than a family home in the past?

The boiler you require depends on the size of the hose, the number of hot water outlets etc etc - a single combi boiler wouldn't be adequate for a house of that size.

Whether or not the flue/chimney can be used, depends on the boiler manufacturer. You be better getting a few companies in to calculate the boiler and radiator sizes they will recommend a suitable boiler.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1