Fluorescents ...Sparx can u help?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shearo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fluorescents ...Sparx can u help?

Post by shearo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:38 am

Sparx.....a question for you, I have a repair job to do on a sign. Basically out of 3 fluorescents in the sign only one is working. This is started by it's own ballast/ starter, the non working one's share a ballast and starter. I've determined that the fault lies with the ballast and cannot find a suitable replacement...Part is a Magnetek type D 36-22.2-4 [b]1x36[/b].
Will check with customer to see if he's fitted 2x18W tubes or 2x36W tubes....if latter could be source of problem??? any solutions would be appreciated...Many Thanks
Shearo
Last edited by shearo on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:50 am

Check the type of started I had problems with fly catchers with twin tubes on single ballast the starters were supplied by RS as equivalent to the ones fitted but we found they failed to work and we had to locate a supply of the original type. Lucky the type number was printed in the fly catchers. Sorry can't remember numbers now. The lamp size should be marked on ballast.
Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:18 pm