Formal Permissions
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sandbach-Lion
Labourer
Labourer

Formal Permissions

by Sandbach-Lion » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:06 pm

I am planning two modifications to a recently acquired victorian house. I want to convert an existing bathroom to a shower room, plus install a window to provide natural light and ventilation.

I also want to convert an existing bedroom, to become a smaller upstairs bathroom, plus an extended adjacent landing area. The new bathroom will have a new window, replacing a rotten one, and the new landing will also have a new window, to provide natural light onto the larger landing.

My questions are: does either or both of the shower and bathroom required forced ventilation ( both will have windows) and do any of the 3 windows ( 2 new, 1 replacement) need building control involvement ?

arbco
Ganger
Ganger

by arbco » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Both rooms will require rapid ventilation by way of an extract fan 15l/s in addition to the opening windows and approval under the builidng regulations. The windows will also require building regulation approval for both the 2 new openings/windows, and replacement window unless installed by a FENSA registered installer. Note FENSA only applies to the replacement window as the registration scheme does not cover a new structural opeing. Speak to you LA building control department and apply under a building notice.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am