foundation for metal shed

Postby ronhud » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 am

I am thinking of a metal shed on my concrete surfaced patio. The area where the shed will be slopes in 2 directions - from top left to bottom right (of the shed floor area) there is a drop of about 4in. I would like to build a very low 'wall' where the shed walls will be - say 1 brick high at the highest point and getting deeper according to the slope to provide a level surface to rest the garage walls on. I dont mind the fact that the internal floor will be sloping and welcome the extra few inches of height it will give me! How do I build the 'wall' to cope with the slope please.
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:27 pm

your best bet is to make a wood shutter to the size of your shed
using 5x2 cut to size and nailed or screwed together,check for square and concrete to a thickness of 5 inch should be sufficent.
cut into the ground and level the shutter and place wooden stakes against the shutter to stop it from moving.
welsh brickie

Postby TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:44 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!