foundation for metal shed
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ronhud
Labourer
Labourer

foundation for metal shed

by ronhud » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:45 am

I am thinking of a metal shed on my concrete surfaced patio. The area where the shed will be slopes in 2 directions - from top left to bottom right (of the shed floor area) there is a drop of about 4in. I would like to build a very low 'wall' where the shed walls will be - say 1 brick high at the highest point and getting deeper according to the slope to provide a level surface to rest the garage walls on. I dont mind the fact that the internal floor will be sloping and welcome the extra few inches of height it will give me! How do I build the 'wall' to cope with the slope please.
Ron

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

foundation

by welsh brickie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:27 pm

your best bet is to make a wood shutter to the size of your shed
using 5x2 cut to size and nailed or screwed together,check for square and concrete to a thickness of 5 inch should be sufficent.
cut into the ground and level the shutter and place wooden stakes against the shutter to stop it from moving.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:44 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:01 am