free standing cooker regs;
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
harvester28
Labourer
Labourer

free standing cooker regs;

by harvester28 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:12 am

Hi,
I rent out a property and every year I am required to obtain a landlords 'gas cerificate'....this is arranged by my letting agent.
This year they changed their 'gas' company and now I've received notice of some remedial work that is advised to be done!!
The following observations have been pointed out by the new company....(and yet these have never been reported previously).......namely that the 'free standing gas cooker' should be attached to a safety chain....and that the 'bayonet fitting' should be facing down!!!!
Your professional comments on this subject will be greatly appreciated as the company concerned want £100 to rectify what I (as a non pro;) consider to be expensive for the work advised.
Thanks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

harvester28,
The new company observations are probably correct. Whether their proposed charges are reasonable will depend on your location - if you are in london or miles from anywhere expect to pay more.
end

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 pm

The observations are correct.

It is expensive. A chain is a few quid and the bayonet can be altered easy enough - 10 minute job.

£600 per hour ??? not bad - lol

htg

harvester28
Labourer
Labourer

by harvester28 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi guys...stoneyboy and htg engineer....
Your replies answer my question....thanks!!.....now heres another!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the process of getting three quotes for fitting a new 'Condenser Boiler' in my own house (Bungalow) .
So far I've had two Gas Fitters visit and both have different views on the discharge of water that might emit from the 'pressure relief valve'.
One says that the water from this valve can be direct in to the 'stench pipe'....whilst the other says that the pipe should be directed through an external wall so that it can be seen to drip if the valve is activated.
Also one has mentioned the condenser pipe discharge and the other one has not mentioned it.
Which is correct....it'll be interesting to hear the views of the third fitter due to visit this Sunday'
Sorry for what might seem to be a rather 'gaggle' on my part, but as Gas Engineers I'm sure you know what I'm on about!!!!!!!!!!!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

It is best where possible to have the pressure relief discharge easily accessible/visible.

There will be a condensate pipe, regardless of the boiler make/model you choose.

htg

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:52 am

PRV should NOT go into stench pipe, he prolly meant condensate.
Other than that I agree with Htg

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am