Freezer seal

Postby welshgirl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:41 pm

I have a split fridge/freezer. On the freezer door a gap of about 5 inches has developed in the seal. I have looked at the cost of purchasing a new seal and it seems very expensive. Is there a way of repairing the split in the original seal e.g with sealant or chaulk or is replacement the only option. If I need to replace it how easy is this to do or do I need a repairman to do it. Does the fridge/freezer need to be turned off etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Perry525 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Go online you will find they are quite cheap, simply pull off the present seal and feed in the new.
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics