French Door Sliding Rail not Sitting Correctly

Postby MattBaigent » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:33 am

Hi all, hopefully this is the right section. I have a sliding patio door which isn't sitting right. There is a gap at the bottom of about 3-5mm. I had a closer look and the rail that that it sits on has now bent and almost folded away from the track.

Photo attached is a photo of the rail and you can see (pretty poorly) it folding away to the left. I've had a look online but I can see a few different varieties. Would anyone have any idea of what type it is. The original photo is much better but I had to crop it so much that it doesn't really show the shape.

Thanks very much,

Matt
Attachments
IMG_4193.JPG
MattBaigent
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:30 pm

you can get a replacement track, but it needs to be the exact make, and if its old its hard to replace.
Try your local double glazing installers they may have and old frame in their yard
welsh brickie

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!