Fridge icemaker connection

Postby patrick.greer » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:06 am

I need to connect a hose to my fridge/freezer icemaker. I cant find one long enough. where can I buy 3/4 inch to 3/4 inch male connectors for inlet hoses, or where can I find a 20 foot 3/4 inch inlet hose?
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:58 pm


Simply Build It

Postby claire80 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:49 pm

have you thought about john guest speed fit pipe comes in coils so length shouldnt be a problem , its suitiable for potable water and is cheap, you can get it from most local merchants and places like pts , plumb centre etc.
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:44 pm

Postby htg engineer » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:19 pm

american style fridges and ice makers, are normally plumbed in using 15mm pipe from the mains cold water supply,

why can't you run 15mm copper pipe, then only have 1 metre of hose ?
or no hose at all ?
htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby thedoctor » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Go to the tools store and click through in the plumbing section. All the speedfit fittings are there as well as every other type of fitting you will need.
Site Admin
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:28 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics