Fridge With the Freezer on the Bottom or on the Top - Which is Best?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Daniel_Lampard
Labourer
Labourer

Fridge With the Freezer on the Bottom or on the Top - Which is Best?

by Daniel_Lampard » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:34 am

Hi guys, I hope you can help with my dilemma- whether to buy a fridge with the freezer on the bottom or on the top. I have already chosen the brand ( Samsung ) but there are different types. Can you please share with me some reviews or from how long do you have your refrigerators, have you experienced any problems and so on.

Regards, Daniel

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Fridge With the Freezer on the Bottom or on the Top - Which is Best?

by proptech » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi Daniel

Surely the most used part should be at eye level, bending down to get the milk out just doesn't seem right.
Why Samsung ? I've nothing against them, they produce some fantastic electronics, but for a fridge, I'd be thinking more of German makes..

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:32 pm

The generalrule of thumb is exactly what is posted below. The most often used part of the fridge should be the most easily accessible. There is no difference in performance either way, its just a lifestyle choice....Do you want to bend down for everything or just the food items you have frozen for future use?

Daniel_Lampard
Labourer
Labourer

by Daniel_Lampard » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36 am

You're definitely right, it will be much more comfortable not to bend all the time. The thing is I slightly prefer the design with the freezer on the bottom and I can't explain exactly why maybe it is just for aesthetic reasons. The good thing is am still not married and I am not too experienced in cooking too, so I will rarely use it for storing food. Of course sooner or later this will change but for now I will use it just to keep my whiskey/beer cool. And for the manufacturer maybe you are right as well. I know "Liebherr" is a fantastic German brand when it comes to fridges, but their price levels are a little bit high for me right now. Probably because I have a Samsung TV and a smart phone and they're fantastic, so I make the presumption that refrigerators must be great, too, but of course this is not always the case. So, I guess I will have to give it a second thought. Thanks for your opinions, I will let you know once I finally make my decision.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:15 am