fuel tanks
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
henry2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

fuel tanks

by henry2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:10 pm

Hi all, can anyone give me some advice on what fuel is the best to opt for to get installed at my old property at the moment i have electric only and an adviser is calling on me from calor to talk about a tank in my garden which is the only option, but i am a little mixed up which to plump for oil or gas which is the best anyone have any idea.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:44 pm

I did a costing some years ago comparing the cost of the different fuels. It worked out that LPG was the most expensive after bottled gas and standard tariff electricity.

Oil was then the second cheapest after natural gas.

I wouldn't use LPG unless you wanted it for other uses such as cooking or a gas fire etc.

Off road parking for the delivery tanker can be problem too.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

fuel tanks

by Perry525 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Calor gas is pointless as it freezes in winter.
Propane is OK, in as much as it works all year round.
However, Calor Gas will only fit a tank, that belongs to them. You rent it, they own it. If you want to change suppliers, you will have to cost in the supply and fitting of a new tank from your new supplier.
A couple of years ago they were investigated by the competition commission, who were not at all happy with their replies - they made a song and dance about safety and the cost of safety.
However you look at it, its not a bargain.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:08 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 am