fuse blew now no hot water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tina09
Labourer
Labourer

fuse blew now no hot water

Post by tina09 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi Im hoping someone can help me as this is my last resort! The plumber says I need an electrician and the electrician says i need a plumber!

I have a Main HE condensing boiler which is just over a year old. The boiler and programmer/timer were both off and my boyfriend (who is a trainee plumber) changed the fuse and they both came back on.

Everything seemed to be working ok and the boiler fired up when i turned on the heating but when i turned on the hot taps it wont fire up.

My boyfriend has spoken to a plumber and electrician who both say the other needs to look at it. I had a plumber round and he said it could be the 3 port valve although mechanically it seems to be working ok as he manually overrode it. Also, that if this had gone the boiler would fire for a short while and then go out, but it doesnt, it doesnt fire at all. He also used a multi meter to test the electrics and said it all seems ok. In short, he couldnt diagnose the problem.

My boyfriend is capable of changing the three port valve but based on what we've been told so far it doesnt seem like the logical answer.

It may be worth mentioning that before all this happened the hot water was drained down to fit a new kitchen. It had to be drained as the gate valve would not shut off fully.

Do you have any idea what the problem is? Is it something my boyfriend could fix or do i need (another better) plumber or an electrician?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Tina

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:29 pm

You need a heating engineer, it could be one of many things blowing the fuse.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1