Fuse wire box - Adding 32A feed for a cooker???

Postby dirtyred619 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi Guys

Just renovating my kitchen at the moment and discovered that the electric oven had been plugged into and running off the 15A socket circuit - luckily I've had no problems with this but obviously wish to rectify this as soon as possible.

My problem is that my fuse box is an old fuse wire one which only has 4 outlets which are all being used for the Sockets, Lighting, Boiler and Shower so I was wondering if there is a way of somehow adding the 32A feed for the cooker to this box or would it be simpler and safer to upgrade my consumer unit etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks Mike
dirtyred619
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:50 pm

[quote="dirtyred619"]Hi Guys

Just renovating my kitchen at the moment and discovered that the electric oven had been plugged into and running off the 15A socket circuit - luckily I've had no problems with this but obviously wish to rectify this as soon as possible.

My problem is that my fuse box is an old fuse wire one which only has 4 outlets which are all being used for the Sockets, Lighting, Boiler and Shower so I was wondering if there is a way of somehow adding the 32A feed for the cooker to this box or would it be simpler and safer to upgrade my consumer unit etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks Mike[/quote]

MIKE
I think your right in saying a mains board change.
safer and your electrician can advise u fully

BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!