Gap Between Properties Letting in Water Repaired but Damp Still Present - Condensation Issue?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
safcaph14
Labourer
Labourer

Gap Between Properties Letting in Water Repaired but Damp Still Present - Condensation Issue?

by safcaph14 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:04 pm

I have a damp / condensation problem on a party wall. I live in a single story bungalow - my roof is higher than next doors where it joins and there was a visible crack / gap where rain was getting in between the two properties (the same wall where the original damp could be seen).

We have had the roofing repaired so no rain should now be coming in.

I have removed some of the plaster from the party wall and have observed that the signs of damp have now 'spread' to areas that were previously unaffected (the white areas on the attached pic). This 'spread' has happened over the period of a couple of weeks.

I am guessing this is a sign of a significant condensation problem (the room in question is a spare bedroom which is heated but has no furniture and is unoccupied)

Any suggestions most welcome!
Attachments
photo-79.jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Gap Between Properties Letting in Water Repaired but Damp Still Present - Condensation Issue?

by welsh brickie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

hire a dehumidifier first, for 2 or 3 days, then wait a week and see if the damp re occurs

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm