can someone please put my mind at ease?
Ihave a 1970's bungalow with an integral garage that i want to convert to living space. The walls form part of the main house and are the same cavity walling as the rest. The ceiling being in a garage looks like it has just been boarded with a fire resistant board (not plastered). A piece had broken off allowing me to check what it is. It looks like 6mm masterboard though it's softer. I'm not sure that it isn't asbestos though and will have to get advice off LBC when i start the work later this year. If it is asbestos sheeting would it be acceptable to leave it in situ and screw new plasterboard sheets over it then have the ceiling plastered, or would I have to have it removed?