Garage Height pre 2008
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

Mr P
Labourer
Labourer

Garage Height pre 2008

by Mr P » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello everyone - I wonder if I can tap your extensive knowledge as I can't seem to find any pre-dated advice anywhere on the net.

The situation is as follows; in 2006 I sought planning permission for a 2 story extension and detached single story brick garage on my property. Planning was duly granted for both and the permission was executed in 2006 by the building on the extension.
Now I would like to build the garage and would like some additional storage in the roof void (planning permission was for a dual pitch/flat gable end roof).
As I understand it the 2008 permitted development allows me a maximum of 4m in height; however I would like slightly more to gain some standing room in the void (say max height 4.5m)
Trouble is I cannot find whether the 4m rule existed pre-2008 i.e situation in 2006 -my submitted plans did not state a height only length and width.
(total area is under 30m sq. - plans had a stated distance from boundary of 70cm - though actual build will be at 1m)

hopefully this is enough info to go on - may thanks for your help

Regards Paul