Garage into basic workshop - not living space.
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JimH16
Labourer
Labourer

Garage into basic workshop - not living space.

by JimH16 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:56 am

Hello,

I'm planning on turning my dodgy 1 car pre-fab garage into a workshop. It's the cheap corrugated roof type. You can see out of it from inside when you look at the join between roof and walls. - I'm not sure what the walls are made of - possible concrete with some sort of metal. I only want the place to be water proof, secure and preferably with electricity. As I intend to do woodwork in there it will need some ventilation to prevent it getting too humid.

It is not attached to the house.

I've not got loads of money so intend to do the job myself and possibly, until I can afford it just run an extension cable to the house for occaisional power tool usage.

Where do I start? - foam to plug the gaps between roof and walls?

...any help much appreciated.

mick586
Labourer
Labourer

Garage into basic workshop

by mick586 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 am

Jim,

Just seen your post - 1st toime on diydoctor - and was wondering how you got on with your conversion. I'm planning to have the same done, convert garage to art studio (not living space), garage is detached from house, plasterboard and insulation walls, timber and cipboard floor, Velux in roof etc.

Any tips, do's and don'ts gratefully received!

MICK

keith.bucknall
Apprentice
Apprentice

by keith.bucknall » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Mick / Jim,

How did you guys get on with the conversion, I am planning on a similar type of conversion and concerned with insulating the walls and floors?

Thanks

Keith

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:21 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:26 am