Garage Roof Repairs - Which Panels to Use?
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lozinger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Garage Roof Repairs - Which Panels to Use?

by Lozinger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:01 am

Hi, have a brick garage that is leaking severely. Have patched it with felt to no avail. The Panels that cross the beams have taken in a lot of water and have expanded and are failing. the roof is now dipping between beams in several spots and water collects in several spots across the roof. The guy who built it seems to have made it completely flat and there seems to be no run off. :(

Anyway, I realise I need to replace some of these panels and then re-felt over it. But the question is, what are the best panels to use for the flat roof section and whats the best felt to put over it??

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:16 am

22mm plywood or stirling board from you builders merchants. Read the projects on flat roofing and repairing a flat roof. Both ways of covering are excellent with long guarentees.,

Lozinger
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Lozinger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:21 am

Thats awesome. I'll give them a good read and will begin as soon as this perpetual rain decides to stop. Many Thanks :)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:24 pm