Garage roof which material?
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wd_forty
Labourer
Labourer

Garage roof which material?

by wd_forty » Tue May 29, 2007 12:52 pm

HI,

I'm currently in the process of choosing a new roof for my garage and just don't know what would be the best option. I've got a detached brick garage with an old corrugated roof that slopes very gently from front to back but it also has a a short pitch of about 120 degrees at the front whitch is tiled. I'm not sure whether to go for rubber, felt or just replace the corrugated sheeting.
Is there anyone out there that can advise me on which type is best for this style of garage? Would the rubber look nasty? Are there any other types of roofing for this situation?

Thanks for your help
Jason

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu May 31, 2007 9:02 am

All of them (except corrugated sheet) are great Jason with the main difference being that you could actually do the rubber roof installation yourself if you wanted to. The felt option carries the shorter guarentee of them all with fibreglass and rubber roofing carrying pretty much the same length although the rubber can have up to a 50 year life. Go to our flat roof project and click through to our sponsors web site where you can find out all about rubber roofing and get some help from the lads there.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:42 am