garden wall
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

garden wall

by Newbee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi there, I'm thinking of buiding a new drive which involves block walls, I haven't decided if it will be rustic block or rough cast finish.
The walls will have a of between height 600m and 1.2 mtrs , I will need to step the foundations from the street to the house as there a difference of about 300 to 400mm sloping back from the house. I will have to build a retaining wall paralel to the house so I can bring the level of the drive up, this wall will be about 400 - 600mm high. I probably raised more questions than can be answered but what I would like to get info about is the size of the foundations needed (concrete wise) as I helped a guy round the corner and we hand batched the concrete and was very tiring and was thinking of getting in ready made.

Thanks in advance

monty_trace
Apprentice
Apprentice

garden wall

by monty_trace » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:10 pm

You need to get the length of your wall and multiply it by the width by depth, concrete should be a min of 150mm-200mm thick

length x width x depth = cubic

hope this helps :)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:15 pm