GAS CONSENSING DISCHARGE PIPEWORK
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
monagans
Labourer
Labourer

GAS CONSENSING DISCHARGE PIPEWORK

Post by monagans » Tue May 18, 2010 7:43 am

Just had a new GCH system fitted using worcester/greenstar 28i and 10 new rads.

Payed 2.5k and most of the job went ok.

Lads were gas safety registered. However, I never checked the gas condensing outlet until after they left (stupid I know). The boiler is based on the 1st floor bathroom which backs out onto an external wall with a small extension beneath.

However, the gas condensing pipe sticks out half a meter over a small tiled roof and that it. Reading up on this, I understand that it’s meant to be piped to a drain and lagged (to avoid freezing and wind blowing).When pricing the job, he said he would carry the pipe to a drain

Can anyone confirm that the condensing pipe should be taken to a drain as I mentioned and this is the industry norm? If it was left as it was what damage would it cause?

Due to one of the new rads being slightly damaged on transit, the engineer is coming back later in the week to install a new one.

I will pull him on this and ask him to correct the pipe work but do you think I should wait until he gets here before I mention this to him

thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 pm

It needs to be routed to a drain as the condensate is corrosive.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:47 am