gas fire fault
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

gas fire fault

by bazza » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:20 pm

hi guys wondering if any of you xperts out there hav any ideas on wat cud b wrong wen i press the button in on my gas fire.gas is there the electrode sparks and the pilot lights the problem is soon as i release the button the light goes out i had an engineer come round 2day who thought it waz the thermocouple but the only one he had in the van was a universal one which he fitted but unfortunatley didnt solve the problem any ideas wat else it cud be or cud it just be the thermocouple he fit isnt compatable with my fire i noticed the one he took out was copper with a white wire attached to it but the one he fitted was just a copper one dont know if that matters the make of my fire is legend thanx 4 any replys bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:34 pm

Check the correct thermocouple has been fitted.

I'm sure the legend fire has a oxy-pilot, this could be blocked with dust. But more likely to be abit soot as the legend's tend to form quite abit soot on the pilot assembly.

Check the flame is over the thermocouple, if the oxy pilot is blocked the pilot flame will be yellow and lifting away from the thermocouple.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 pm

thanx htg engineer 4 reply much appreciated bazza

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1