Gas fire going out
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
soundwave
Labourer
Labourer

Gas fire going out

Post by soundwave » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm

I bought a new Valor Black Beauty gas fire to replace an identical one which was showing its age. But when it was fitted, it sparked and lit ok, but on releasing the control knob to turn to an higher setting it goes out. So changed the thermocouple but still goes out. Tried disconnecting flue switch to make sure that wasn't causing it but still goes out.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Gas fire going out

Post by htg engineer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:49 pm

It may be the electromagnet part of the fire tap, when the thermocouple is heated it forms a small electrical current this is what holds the gas tap/valve open.

I have read the post to mean that the fire goes out straight away and not after a little while, these have a vitiation sensing device (oxypilot) any build up of flue gases will cut the gas off too

soundwave
Labourer
Labourer

Post by soundwave » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:01 pm

htg engineer wrote:It may be the electromagnet part of the fire tap, when the thermocouple is heated it forms a small electrical current this is what holds the gas tap/valve open.

I have read the post to mean that the fire goes out straight away and not after a little while, these have a vitiation sensing device (oxypilot) any build up of flue gases will cut the gas off too

Can the electromagnet be changed and how likely is it to be faulty on a new fire? Could the flue thermal switch be faulty, also new ?

soundwave
Labourer
Labourer

Post by soundwave » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 am

When I by pass the thermal flue switch it stays lit ok and works fine. But I have tested the thermal switch and it works ok so i am confused! Any suggestions please?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:32 am