gas fires in a Park Home
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
susanxx
Labourer
Labourer

gas fires in a Park Home

by susanxx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:44 pm

I want a gas fire in my park home but no-one seesm to be able to give me the right info or even if I can have one fitted at all. I have heard that it is possible to have your flue going under the floor and out thru the brick skirt around the home but I'm not sure whether this is correct

jondeau
Ganger
Ganger

by jondeau » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:29 pm

There is a gas heater that can vent down through the floor...it is made for caravans and camper vans, it is a foreign make and has no approval from recognised bodies in this country.

There is no way that this type of heater is suitable for you. Forget it.

To install a gas fire in a Park Home is not difficult, in fact virtually every gas fire you can think of can be installed in such a home.

The problem ?

Finding somebody who has the experience and skill to do it...and even then to have it done properly will not be cheap.

Best bet is probably to look at balanced flue gas fires, these are virtually foolproof to instal and very safe.....you do not have the open flame that you have with other fires (burners are sealed behind glass) but value for money and safety wise they are your best bet.

JD.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am