gas & gas fitting

Postby squidgy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm

hi can you help? i have a vaillant turbo-max vuw 242e, i had someone look at the boiler when it was leaking water,1st he said an o-ring, so he replaced the o ring, it still leaked, another visit he then said the water was comming from the microswitch. is this possible & how easy is it to fix? he told me it wouldnt be worth repairing?
thank you
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:40 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Well a microswitch is electrical - so no water there - it may be from the diverter valve around the fulcrum arm - which operates the microswitch - you can a buy a diverter overhaul kits for a few quid - so yeah it is worth repairing as very cheap. Unless he was thinking of repairing the whole diverter - but even then you're only looking at £120ish - if the boiler is in good condition it would still be worth the repair.

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics