Gas hob burners won't work simultaneously
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Davina
Labourer
Labourer

by Davina » Mon May 30, 2011 11:26 am

I have a New World Series 2 Hob. All the burners ignite separately and the gas flame looks normal. However, last week when I tried to turn on more than one burner, the previously lit burner kept going out. This week I seem to be able to light 3 burners simultaneously but when I try to light the forth burner, the gas supply cuts out to all of them!
Do you know what causes this and is it something I can repair myself?

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi Davina
Not something you should try yourself. It sounds as though there is insufficient gas pressure getting to the appliance. Have the gas supply and the unit checked by qualified engineer.

trainefficient
Apprentice
Apprentice

by trainefficient » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 pm

yes, get someone to check gas pressure. Gas Safe Engineer would be able to locate the problem. The appliance may need slight strip down or could be as said before, gas pressure. I have come across something similar to this but it wasn't gas pressure, it was leftover solder in the inlet pipe reducing pressure but this is a job for GSE.

mark@vaillantservice
Labourer
Labourer

Hob..

by mark@vaillantservice » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Does your hob have a fold down lid?

Davina
Labourer
Labourer

by Davina » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 pm

I've had the gas pressure checked at the meter and that's fine (24 mbars). Today I managed to get all the burners working simultaneously but the gas cut off to the hob when the boiler fired! The hob does have a lid and someone suggested it could be caused by a sticky stay off valve restricting the gas flow. I tried a bit of WD40 but unfortunately that seems to have stuck it down completely as there is now no gas getting to the burners! I have the part number for the stay off valve (286914900) but it seems to be obsolete. Any other suggestions welcome.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:40 am