gas piping to central heating boiler

Postby jam » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:08 pm

A friend is having central heating fitted, and has been told by the surveyor that the installers will need to take a pipe from by the gas meter, which will mean having piping up the wall in her living room (solid floors on ground floor). The surveyor states it has to be a 25m/m pipe feed to the boiler, instead of using the 15m/m pipe in her kitchen where the boiler is going. :?:
I have had central heating installed and the gas feed to the boiler was taken from the pipe going to my cooker and is only 15m/m.
has legislation changed as I have had mine in 8 years.
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:43 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Steve the gas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:49 am

Hi Jam,

Most boilers these days require a 22mm gas feed and depending on the run may even be bigger than that.
Check your manual to see if yours is correct.

Steve the gas
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:07 am

Postby jam » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Steve the gas,
Many thanks for your reply, it has clarified what has been said about the fitting being done. After digging out the installation and servicing instructions for my own, it states 22m/m to within 3 metres for the boiler.which mine just about makes it. once again many thanks. jam
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics