gas shut off to boiler

Postby adrian » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:40 pm

hi i want to shut off the gas to our boiler as we are removing it.

The gas currently enters and then hits a T junction where is sends gas to the cooker aswell as the boiler, what type of fitting can i use to close the pipe going to our boiler??? or am i legally allowed to do this anyway ?

can i use a push fit connector?

thanks Adrian
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:35 pm


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:27 pm

The fitting to be used has to be compresion or a capillary/soldered. Either a blank or the tee changed for a straight connector

Pushfit is definately not allowed on gas installations.

It is illegal for you to do this yourself.
You need a CORGI registered gas installer to carry out any work to gas pipework or appliances. It's not a DIY job.
htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby adrian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:48 pm

thanks very much didnt realise that we are not allowed to do it ... we will wait for the gas people who are fitting the new boiler.

thnx again
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics