Gazco balanced flue gas fire smelling

Postby Huggy009 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:42 am

Dear Mike

Have Gazco responded to you?

I have just had a Gazco Studio Slimline fitted at the start of April and I have 3 major problems with it. I notified my fitter over a week and a half ago when the problems started and they notified Gazco who have so far not responded with a solution.

We have used this fireplace less than ten times: the wall is cracked above the large frame we were advised to choose to hide potential small cracks due to the heat output, the fireplace previously switched itself off after 5-10 seconds (this was intermittent at first but one night we had to 8-10 times before it would stay lit) and now it won't even switch on. It has a new brick effect back panel as the other one cracked after being fitted and this now has a large soot line near the right corner after only being used twice.

I am really concerned after reading these posts and this cost a lot of money plus after less than one month in, there are serious problems.

Thanks
Huggy009

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby bertieandme » Wed May 28, 2014 10:12 am

I've posted earlier in this thread about my fire smelling. After this forum's Staff intervention I contacted Gazco who asked me to remove the front from my fire. I didn't think this would make a jot of difference, but actually it seems to've cured the issue! My fire front is cast iron (I have a stove-type front) and Gazco thinks it's causing over-heat?!

However, you can't leave a fire with the insides exposed as it looks dreadful. Luckily for me, the front of my fire opens - like a real wood burning stove would, so I now have the front back on but open the door when it's in use. OK, it's not ideal but as long as it solves the problem I don't care (I've had issues with this fireplace for 2½ years now and am fed up to the back teeth!).

This is the original fire:
fire1.JPG
fire1.JPG (51.85 KiB) Viewed 137 times

This is the fire without the front:
fire2.JPG
fire2.JPG (55.5 KiB) Viewed 137 times

And this is my solution - to have the fire door open:
fire3.JPG
fire3.JPG (58.49 KiB) Viewed 137 times

I'm still amazed at the "couldn't give a toss" attitude of Gazco staff, particularly as they are aware there is a now a large internet thread about this issue. I probably shouldn't be though - they are the worst company I've ever dealt with for not taking responsibility for their crap products.
bertieandme

Sort by
Order by