Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pagw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Getting Cap off of Aqualisa Shower Faucet to Repair Leak

Post by Pagw » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Hello,

I have an Aqualisa shower which recently started dripping. I think I need to get at the O-rings or cartridge, but I'm stuck at the first step of getting the handle cap off. I've attached a photo of the handle - I think I need to remove the round bit in the centre. However, it is very snugly fitted - I tried getting levering it off with the blade of a stanley knife, but to no avail. I just wondered has anyone here had experience with fixing this kind of shower tap and have any good ideas of how to get to the innards? I'm afraid I don't know any specific details about the shower, because it's the one that was installed when I moved in.

shower faucet (cropped).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cableman
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Getting Cap off of Aqualisa Shower Faucet to Repair Leak

Post by cableman » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:52 am

I know that I am replying here to a very old post but perhaps my reply might be useful to someone even so.
To remove the Cap on my Aqualisa mixer valve you just need to press firmly on the left hand end of the Aqualisa badge. This should displace it and reveal a screw under it. Remove the screw and just pull carefully on the cap.

Pagw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Getting Cap off of Aqualisa Shower Faucet to Repair Leak

Post by Pagw » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:33 am

Thanks. I did eventually find that information out from somewhere and do the repair, but it's good to have it here as well for others to find.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am