Getting Rid of Open Hopper - Bathroom and Sink Waste

Postby bouba » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

I have a cast iron SVP. I am trying to buy a closed cistern toilet and get rid of the open hopper.

1. Can i cut a section of cast iron and slip some kind of coupling and connect a plastic pipe for a CC toilet. I have seen the project on diydoctor.

2. How toget rid of the open hopper and join it in SVP.

Do i have to change whole stack to plastic or can a connection be made to cast iron.

Thanks.
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/Bouba ... %20Uploads
bouba
Progress to next rank:
47.4%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby proptech » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi bouba

Yes, you could get rid of the hopper and convert single stack. buit to be quite honest, in that situation I would be thinking of changing the lot to PVC. That would give a much better chance of connecting a modern P trap toilet, it looks a bit impossible as it is.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Postby bouba » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Thank you. Is there a list of parts you can tell me if I was buying the lot with a same setup.

1 WC upstairs and 1 each for shower and sink. No bathtub there.

I have clay underground pipe.
bouba
Progress to next rank:
47.4%

Postby proptech » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:16 am

Plastic plumbing manufacturers produce comprehensive listings on their sites, together with installation instructions. Please read through these with care as they provide the information needed to comply with regulations.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!