glass wall splashbacks
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
maur4444
Labourer
Labourer

glass wall splashbacks

by maur4444 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:39 pm

where can i buy affordable glass splashbacks for kitchen walls in white to fit myself? how would i fit them? is it difficult to fit? Can I purchase glass splashbacks made to measure or do i have to cut them down to size myself? thanx.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:50 pm

usually the supplier will cut them to the exact profile that you require. don't try to cut it yourself especially if you want to make cutouts for sockets etc. it's an expensive disaster waiting to happen!

the easiest way to do it is to make a template out of hardboard of thin ply. cut out for all sockets, cooker power points etc. be dilligent and painstaking with this - your glass splashback will be the exact profile of your template!

various companies do it - a google search will find the one closest to you. find a local one, they may even come out and make the template for you, though of course you will pay extra for the service.

with regard to fixing, there are a myriad of options - adhesives, mirror adhesive, silicone, screws etc. ask your supplier they are best placed to advise which method is best for their product.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:27 pm