glow warm not filling
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

glow warm not filling

Post by bazza » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:24 pm

hi all my freind as a glow worm boiler that as lost pressure it is now at 0.5 bar and altho the boiler is still working in both modes obviousely the system pressure needs topping up. theres the problem wen i tried to top it up no water enters the boiler but mains coming into the house is fine all other water outlets are fine valve on cold water inlet on boiler is open after reading thru the boiler manual it says there is a cold water filter in the boiler and if the flow rate is reduced the filter may need cleaning or replacing so after removing the retainer clip does the filter pull out or twist out tried 2day but it wudnt pull out or twist by hand i cud use more force but want 2 make sure b4 ido it which way it comes out any advise wud be great cheers bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:08 pm

You're heading in the wrong direction - the filter and the flow rate being reduced - is refering to the hot water i'm assuming this is ok ? if so the filter is fine. The filter stops any debri's getting from the mains cold water into the boiler.

Can you describe the combi fill ? is it fitted to the boiler ?

or a ballofix and a non-return valve connected with a flexi hose ?

take hose off - check there's no rubber washers stuck in either valve. Open the ballofix, is there water there ?
Could be a faulty non-return valve.

Hope this helps

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

to htg engineer

Post by bazza » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:20 pm

hi mate thanx 4 quick reply the filling loop is built into boiler with a blue plastic cap that you just twist thing is theres water right up to the point were it fills but like i sed b4 wen u twist it nothin comes thru i advised my freind 2 get a htg engineer out but he really cant afford it (he cant even afford the call out charge) so i was wondering if i cud bypass the internal filling loop and put another one underneath the boiler a water reg. approved one with braided hose or wud that be breaking water regs. by the way his boiler is just 2 yrs old but is rusting away inside he sed the condensate waste keeps backing up and flooding the boiler he sed he complained to the guy who fit it but he sed it wasnt his problem but wud alter the condensate pipe for £100 he sed its overflowed 6 times since fitted probably cant do nowt about it now tho but wud i fix that problem 4 him if i refit pipe wi a better fall thanx 4 all the help bazza ps the boiler is a glow worm 30 cxi

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:43 am

You could disconnect the condensate piepwork from the boiler and flush through - abit debri from installation may be blocking the pipe. Also altering the fall of the condensate throughout the length will help.

There's no reason why an external combi fill cannot be fitted.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Post by bazza » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:37 pm

hi mate cheers 4 reply ill fit a new filling loop 4 him then. then theres the question of why it lost pressure in the first place ah ah let you know how i get on cheers pal

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Post by bazza » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:04 pm

hi htg engineer put a new filling loop on 2day and everything seems fine now cheers once again pal bazza ps: just wondering if you need to be corgi reg. to go on the boiler training courses 4 fault finding as im a nvq level 3 trained plumber and av had some acs training as part of level three (at college) and most faults on a boiler dont include having to disconnect a gas pipe or gas conponant so wud it still be impossible 4 me to attend these courses cause im really keen to learn the reason i started college was to become a htg engineer then after 3 yrs training they sed unless you v worked wi a corgi reg employer you cudnt take the exam to regester 4 corgi great init ?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1