Glow Worm 30CXI Central Heating Programmer
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
satishk
Labourer
Labourer

Glow Worm 30CXI Central Heating Programmer

Post by satishk » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so please be patient if I do am posting in the wrong section.

I have a Glow Worm 30cxi Boiler, with a Digital Programmer. I am trying to set the time for switching on in the morning and switching off, and again for the evening. But I can not figure out how to do this. In general all electronic stuff I would say im ok. But this is a difficult one. I do not know the make and model of the digital timer, but have a picture (How do I upload?).

If any one can help, I would be most grateful!

Many Thanks in advance.

Satish Karsan

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:06 pm

You have to upload the image to a third party such as Photofox then post the link here.

55scouse
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Glow Worm 30CXI Central Heating Programmer

Post by 55scouse » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:07 am

[quote="satishk"]Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so please be patient if I do am posting in the wrong section.

I have a Glow Worm 30cxi Boiler, with a Digital Programmer. I am trying to set the time for switching on in the morning and switching off, and again for the evening. But I can not figure out how to do this. In general all electronic stuff I would say im ok. But this is a difficult one. I do not know the make and model of the digital timer, but have a picture (How do I upload?).

If any one can help, I would be most grateful!

Many Thanks in advance.

Satish Karsan[/quote][quote][/quote]

Reply...

I had it up to the neck with the digital timer, so I replaced it with the analogue type, the one which uses little plastic pins to switch the boiler on and off at preset times.

You can set it over a day to switch on and off many times, or have it on constant if you wish.

Should never have bought the damned digital one in the first place, every time there was a glitch in the mains the timer would need re setting, and the procedure is one major pain in the rear to do.

Advice? get shot of the digital timer and get the analogue one, about £35 from Plumb Centre, well worth it to kill the frustration of trying to keep on setting up the digital clock.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1