gluing oak flooring to a concrete base
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rowntree20
Labourer
Labourer

gluing oak flooring to a concrete base

by rowntree20 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:23 pm

I am going to glue oak flooring to a concrete base and plan to use Sika T55 from Topps tiles. Can anyone tell me if this is OK and if it is easy to use. thanks

woodman2008
Labourer
Labourer

by woodman2008 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 pm

Sika T55 is not a very smart solution. Although it is not mentioned when you buy this product I would suggestbthat you take a look at the following URL which provides interesting reading on Sika T55. You will see that it is not a particularly safe product to have your face over for a few hours and I can't believe that this is sold to the public without any warning.

merciaflooring.co.uk/sikat55.pdf(see page 2)

Sika is a polyurethane product as is Mapei 990K and this technology is definately not new. The latest generation of wood flooring adhesives are MS based products which unlike Sika and similar do not contain hazardous substances. I am surprised that you are considering using Polyurethane products which carry warning labels on the containers are difficult to use and generally leave you with a difficult clean up job.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am