Golden Rules of Interior Design - Help Wanted

Postby tudordavies » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi,

My name is Tudor and I am writing a blog about the golden rules of architecture and interior design. Would members be open to providing me with their Golden Rule, the one piece of advice they stick to or would recommend others to follow, or perhaps just a sound principle they have learnt and now swear by.

Basically I want to compile these into one blog post, giving the best advice. If you would help me it would be much appreciated. All I need is your quote (50-150 words), your name and your location.

I will also give credit to the forum for helping me to write the piece, as well as all contributors.

Thanks,

Tudor
tudordavies

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby DIYDoctor1 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi Tudor,
No small topic that you want to tackle?!

We have a whole section on Interior Design which might give you some inspiration and some more practical advice:
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/diy-how-to- ... design.htm

It's hard to pin down one Golden Rule, but this is probably our interior design mantra

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."

No credit can be taken by DIY Doctor for this was first said by William Morris.
DIYDoctor1

Postby tonys » Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 am

Hello Tudor,

That does sound like a big blog to write. We like to write posts about interiors and how to make a big difference with a small budget and small changes.

I would say my Golden rule for Interior Designs would be "Less is More".

Hope this helps!

Tonys.
tonys

Sort by
Order by