Gravel Boards
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Richard H
Labourer
Labourer

Gravel Boards

by Richard H » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Dear DIY Dr

I am having some work done to our garden and soil has been piled up against our wooden fence (approx 12-18 inches above the gravel board) to create a small bed. This seems to be a fast track too a new fence, but I am told that a plastic membrane sheet between the soil and the fence would still create damp against the fence.

Coudl you give me any advice as to what would make an effective barrier which would prolong the life of the fence? My thoughts were that a metal, plastic or concrete panel might work. Do I presume that there needs to be a gap between the fence and the barrier?

Any tips gratefully received. Hope you can help as this will ease tensions with our neighbours.

Richard H

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:24 am

It would probably be easier to replae the xisting gravel board with a concrete one. These are available from most builders merchants and some garden centres. You do not lose any space and there is no further maintenance.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:53 am