Grohe Thermostatic shower problem
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
superscout
Labourer
Labourer

Grohe Thermostatic shower problem

by superscout » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:38 am

Hi I wonder if someone could help me please the problem I have is that our shower does not work properly.

We have Grohe Thermostatic shower we had a pump fitted to boast the preasure which has been fine for a number of years we went away for a week came back and nothing was working properly, the problem is not with the pump as I checked to maks sure it was working on something else, so I diconected that and put the pipes to together, the water comes out of the shower head for a short while no longer than 1 min and falls away to a trickle I also notice that if I turn the Thermostatic control down the water vertully stops coming out altogther.

Could it be that I need a new Thermostatic value if so how do I get the old one out, your help would be great thanks

chris

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:39 pm

It is possible that it's faulty, but it's not unusual depending upon your installation for only a tricke of water to come from the shower head if the pump doesn't fire up. Are you sure you have tested both the pump and it's flow sensor?

If this checks out ok, then the valve could very well be stuck. You may be able to free it by stripping it and rebuilding it.

Usually, if the control knob is removed, access to the valve is obvious from there. But there are so many types and model, each is different.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 am