Had Anyone Else Used Your Timber Windows Ltd Dagenham
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
handiegirl
Labourer
Labourer

Had Anyone Else Used Your Timber Windows Ltd Dagenham

by handiegirl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:13 am

has anybody used this company?? We recently had bay windows from them - the windows looked quite nice until they were installed. They were evidently too tall and too narrow. Lots of damage done to get them in and then a 25mm gap down each side of the jambs where a 5mm tolerance is the industry norm. I am not happy but Building Regs do not specify a gap size so I am fearful they may yet get a FENSA certificate (3rd inspection yet to take place - failed the first two) Any comments or advice gratefully received

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Had Anyone Else Used Your Timber Windows Ltd Dagenham

by diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:00 am

This sounds a trick situation. You have two issues; firstly the FENSA certificate determines if the windows meet building regulations. The aesthetics/quality of the job (assuming the FENSA certificate has been issued) needs to be addressed directly with the firm who fitted them.

You should always keep a good pictorial record of what has been done and where you are not happy.

If the company you mention is Your Timber Windows Ltd (I couldn't any other likely company in the area with a quick Google search), then they are part of Which's Trusted Trader Scheme. You could contact them to provide your feedback, particularly if you feel that Which? should know about the quality of the work done for you.

You can also contact the window manufacturer (rather than the fitter) to see if the windows have been fitted in the manner that they would expect.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:49 am