Hallway Landing + Living room lights....
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Marky
Labourer
Labourer

Hallway Landing + Living room lights....

by Marky » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:40 am

Hi everyone...

Having a problem with my lights in the hallway.

Upstairs and the living room work fine - no problems but when i go to turn on my hall light (if the living room light is on) nothing happens yet when i then switch the living room one off - the hall comes on???
It seems that the hallway will only work if the living room is off.

Im very confused and cant work out what to do.

In the Lounge (where i think the problem lies) i have a socket with 2x RED (L1 + L4) + 1 Yellow (L2). In the hallway (ignoring the upstairs i have 1xRED (Com) and 1 Blue (L1).

This has been like this since i moved into the house a few months ago but i never got roung to sorting it. I have tried taking the L4 RED wire out but this stops the hall working totally (Lounge works fine). If this is the one not sure how to move it into the socket next door.

Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance
Marky

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Hallway Landing + Living room lights....

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:54 pm

[quote="Marky"]Hi everyone...

Having a problem with my lights in the hallway.

Upstairs and the living room work fine - no problems but when i go to turn on my hall light (if the living room light is on) nothing happens yet when i then switch the living room one off - the hall comes on???
It seems that the hallway will only work if the living room is off.

Im very confused and cant work out what to do.

In the Lounge (where i think the problem lies) i have a socket with 2x RED (L1 + L4) + 1 Yellow (L2). In the hallway (ignoring the upstairs i have 1xRED (Com) and 1 Blue (L1).

This has been like this since i moved into the house a few months ago but i never got roung to sorting it. I have tried taking the L4 RED wire out but this stops the hall working totally (Lounge works fine). If this is the one not sure how to move it into the socket next door.

Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance
Marky[/quote]

MARKY
U MIGHT HAVE THE SWITCH WIRE FOR HALL LIGHTS, IN L1 0R
L2 OF LIVING ROOM LIGHT. FEED IS COMING FROM 1 OF THESE TERMINALS. GIVING HALL SWITCH A FEED WHEN LIVING ROOM IS OFF.
LIGHT SWITCHING CAN BE DIFFICULT TO CONFIGURE, U MIGHT NEED
TO GET SOMEONE IN. THIS WRONGLY POSITIONED SWITCH WIRE NEEDS TO GO IN L1 OF HALL LIGHTSWITCH .
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:55 am