Halogen Lights - Electronic Transformer

Postby unshrin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:08 am


I have 3 20W halogen lights to fit that are attacted to a single electronic transformer that goes from 230V to 12V.

They are installed into the bedroom ready to be used.

I am planning on running a cable with 230V - (1) one wire to the switch and then from there to the transformer and the other (2) directly to the transformer.

Is that correct?
Can I just use the lighting circuit instead?
Which fuse should be on the mains circuit?

Many, many thanks!
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:52 am


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi If this is to replace the old centre light then simply connect the tnsfmr. mains flex to the same tems. as the old light flex
regards SPARX
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics