Hand Held Mixer Shower on Taps and Only Dribble From Hot Water
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ivandaviesid63
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hand Held Mixer Shower on Taps and Only Dribble From Hot Water

Post by ivandaviesid63 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:16 am

hi folks. 1st time on here so be gentle.just moved into flat and bath has mixer shower on taps.all I get is a drizzle with hot water.im on economy 7 with tank next door to bathroom in cupboard.plumber told me water pressure is weak. cheapest solution is electric shower as I'm on benefits at moment.he said it's an easy job although taps at opposite ends to the door.so the wall opposite taps is blank on other side of wall is the cupboard that houses the tank.is it correct it's cheapest solution or can I use the mixer shower in a different way?I admit I'm a bit thick in these areas.how much on average would it cost for him to do it?

GayEddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hand Held Mixer Shower on Taps and Only Dribble From Hot Water

Post by GayEddie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:02 pm

It sounds like you have a negative head problem means your cold water storage tank is to low for any pressure to flow from shower head ( you can google shower negative head )

If you drop the shower head lower down does the pressure get better?

Electric shower is an option easy to plumb but you will need an 6mm or 10mm cable to come from your consumer unit to power the shower.

If you already have the mixer shower which you are using and the airing cupboard is the opposite side you could put a twin impeller pump in.

Sorry but either one won't be cheap

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:28 pm