Health and Safety Query for the Construction Industry
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

Izzy17
Labourer
Labourer

Health and Safety Query for the Construction Industry

by Izzy17 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi there, my name's Izzy and I’ve just recently inherited my father’s construction business. I don't know if anyone will be able to help me or not but basically I was wondering if anyone knew anything about health and safety training in regards to building. I hadn't really thought about it until my friend (who used to be a builder) said he used to have to do lots of courses, and I sort of had a mini panic! Anyway I guess what I'm really asking is if anyone here knows if I need to sign up my employees for training, and if it's worth refreshing them with some courses? I really want to make sure everything is done properly with the business and that my employees are well looked after and protected! Do I need to invest in some training for everyone? If so, do people then have any suggestions of a company I could go through to set up the training? I’ve talked to my (ex) builder friend and he said his company used to go through a company called Safety Services (this is them I believe: https://www.safetyservicesdirect.com/ ) Has anyone else used them? Would they be a good company to go through or does anyone else have any suggestions? I’m new to this type of thing so any advice anyone could offer me would be amazing! Thank you very much everyone!

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:11 am