heat loss/leak radiator
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
royal
Labourer
Labourer

heat loss/leak radiator

by royal » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am

A couple of months back I had a new backboiler fitted to my old rayburn (oil conversion) at the same time I had a new hot water cylinder fitted as the old one was the dated unlagged type, the problem I have now is that my system is over efficient, at present I turn the rayburn off each night and relight it each morning and that still produces more hot water than we can use (we can draw off a bath full of very hot water every 4 hours) if I leave the rayburn on overnight the system rumbles and vents itself constantly to the point it becomes worrying! but come the cold weather I need to keep the rayburn lit 24 hous each day as we use it for cooking and it heats the kitchen, thats the background so here's the question, can I fit a heat loss radiator in the bathroom? if so what size in BTUs should it be and if I still have the problem could I fit a second one elsewhere upstairs, (and yes the rayburn is running on it's lowest setting) any help would be welcome

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:15 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:27 am