Heating comes on...........
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mblago
Tradesman
Tradesman

Heating comes on...........

by mblago » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I have a Vaillant EcoTech Pro combi boiler and although I have turned the switch on the boiler to the summer setting i.e turned radiators off the rads still come on but only when I have the "warmstart" setting on for the hot water, also the hot water is only luke warm, can anyone advise what this could be down to please? Would a re-set of the boiler help at all? Thanks in advance. Mike

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:48 pm

It sounds like the diverter is at fault, if the water is only getting warm then the heat is going somewhere else - the radiators.

If the diverter is not switching across properly - the heat that should be transferred to the stored water is finding it's way to the radiators, you'll probably find the boiler will not cut out until the stored water reaches the set temperature - in this case it may take a while.

htg

mblago
Tradesman
Tradesman

by mblago » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks for your reply, but for some strange reason I am now getting hot water again, without any work being done to it, seems to have fixed itself ! very strange.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1