Heating (Its getting cold)
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
phileaston
Labourer
Labourer

Heating (Its getting cold)

by phileaston » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 am

Hi i have a couple of problems with my central heating:

1st when my radiators are on up stairs the downstairs radiators go cold Ive checked out a few web sites and its probably a balancing problem so Ive turn the return valve's quarter turn on radiators up stairs but now only lukewarm downstairs so a bit of improvement but not great. If i turn all radiators off up stairs the down stairs radiators get hot.

2ND when the hot water tank reaches temp the boiler turns off even tho the thermostat in the living room has not reached temp.

Please help.

Thanks
Phil

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Heating (Its getting cold)

by plumbbob » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Can you increase the pump speed? If you can this will improve the flow and may solve your problem.

IF the tank thermostat shuts the boiler off then either there is a wiring fault or the motorised valve might be playing up.

phileaston
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Heating (Its getting cold)

by phileaston » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Thanks for the reply

The pump is on max speed and you may be right on a wiring fault because on the timer i have heating and water or water only and it doesn't mater what switch its on the heating is on could that be the reason when the tank reaches temp the boiler switches off? This one may be out of my hands.

Do you think its a big job for a plumber to do?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1