Heating on working when on 25 or higher??
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ElsaZeelie
Labourer
Labourer

Heating on working when on 25 or higher??

by ElsaZeelie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:11 am

Hi there,

my central heating only heats up the radiators if my temp control in the hallway is set to 25 or 30 degrees celcius.

If set to anyting lower, the heating does not go on at all.
Could this be a faulty temp setting maybe, or something more serious

All replies welcome please
ta
E[/b]

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Nothing to worry about, I always instruct people to turn stat up to 30 and forget about it, use thermostat on boiler to control temerature. I do this because this thermostat only controls that one room, the rest of the house could be alot warmer or cooler,

Where is the stat ? if opposite a window or near a radiator, then its no good anyway.

or, if you're really bothered,

take front off room thermostat, there's be a screw that will adjust what temperature the room stat will click on, withoput seeing the stat can't be more precise about how to adjust it.

hope this helps

ElsaZeelie
Labourer
Labourer

by ElsaZeelie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply. The Termostat in the hallway is an old Danfoss one, and by taking off the cover it did not reveal a screw to adjust the temp. Must be set somehow to 25 as i can hear the click when i turn the button on the front as soon as it reach 25.

ta
E

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1